Features Fill your NAS with WD Red, then fill it with awesome.
- There’s an industry-leading WD Red drive for every compatible NAS system to help fulfill your data storage needs. With drives up to 10TB, WD Red offers a wide array of solutions for customers looking to build the biggest, best-performing NAS storage solution. Built for single-bay to 8-bay NAS systems, WD Red packs the power to store your precious data in one powerhouse unit. With WD Red, you’re ready for what’s next.
Exclusive NASware 3.0
- Not just any drive will do. In single-bay to 8-bay NAS systems, WD Red raises the bar. Get as much as 80TB capacity, and with WD’s exclusive NASware 3.0, you can optimize every single one of them. Built into every WD Red hard drive, NASware 3.0’s advanced technology improves your system’s storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability.
Built for optimum NAS Compatibility
- Our exclusive advanced firmware Desktop drives aren’t purpose-built for NAS. But WD Red drives with NASware are. Our exclusive technology takes the guesswork out of selecting a drive. WD Red is for small NAS systems, and our unique algorithm balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments. Simply put, WD Red is the most compatible drive available for NAS enclosures. But don’t take our word for it. WD Red is a reflection of the most extensive NAS partner compatibility-testing list that is available on the market.
Desktop drives vs. WD Red
- In a Network Attached Storage device, a desktop hard drive is not designed for NAS environments. Do right by your NAS and choose the drive with an array of features to preserve your data and maintain optimum performance.
WD Red for Home
- Stream, backup, share and organize your digital content at home with a NAS and WD Red drives designed to effortlessly share content to the devices in your home. Red NASware increases your drives’ compatibility with your devices, TV,